Thursday, April 3, 2008

East, West, Home's Best

W.K. Kelly was right. No matter where on the globe we are, home is where the heart is. Not that I’m being selfish; but I think everybody has the same opinion.

When I was younger, I used to assume that being able to travel the world is an exceptional way to live a life. I eventually learned that travelling the world is also a journey of self discovery. I started to appreciate the little things in life such as the people around me, the freedom, the food, the health et cetera.

Anyway, we had flown back home to KL during the weekend for a few days. The first thing that was on our agenda was to 'hit' our favourite nasi kandar restaurant. Hmmm…it was heaven on earth! :)

It is a sumptuous national dish, brought to Malaysia 70 years ago by the Indian Muslim immigrants. Since the 1930s, nasi kandar has played a distinctive role in the culinary history of the colonial Penang, and later throughout the nation. The aroma of the rice and fragrant curries, vegetables, fried fish, beef and chicken could make the mouth water. What makes nasi kandar unique is how the different curries are all mixed with the rice.

I was so into indulging myself with the food that I forgot to snap a picture! :p.... Anyway, found an image on Yahoo!...and this is how it looks like….


No comments: